Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 4th!

It was a cold but enjoyable 4th of July!  I’m still not used to living in a climate where July can be cold, even though I’ve been here upwards of 16 years.  We spent the day with the Bradshaws and the Scolvilles, and had a rousing game of Acquire before eating some of the best Kalbi beef that there is to be had.  I tried a new recipe for Southern fried chicken –Thanks, Rob!- and it turned out well.  The day ended with our own fireworks show and then a show from the city of DesMoines.  I have to say that we had so much fun watching Liv enjoy the fireworks.  This was her first show; she usually is burrowed in my shoulder under a blanket.  She is not one for loud noises, but this year she was brave.  Way to go, Liv!!

1 comment:

Jon and Melissa said...

I love Alivia's Dress. Looks like a lot of fun!

My Mom

We wish Mom were still here to watch Alivia be pulled in the sled during our winter excursions in the Cascades. We miss her when we're playing: Stick Out Your Tongue When Dad Says, "Cheese!" with the new camera. I ache that she can't watch Alivia and Adison grow up. But we know her love stays with us and that Addison knows Nonni Angel will keep the bad dreams away every night.