Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer has arrived!

My water broke at 10:45pm, I had my first contraction, and we were off to the hospital!  Our kind friend Patty ( who was having her birthday on Tuesday) arrived to stay the night with the kids.  We delivered Summer Rosalyn Parrish at 2:37a.m. on Tuesday July 20th.  She was 7.0 lbs and 19” long.  She came out with the cord wrapped around her neck twice and with a true knot in the cord itself!  We are beyond grateful that she arrived full term and healthy as that condition is commonly fatal.  The name Summer seemed to fit her, and later Myles was joking about her doing somersaults in the womb.  She’s our little Summersault!  The kids both wanted Rosalyn (Rose).  We have been calling her both names since she’s been home. 

She is a beauty who looks like Addison from the nose up and Alivia from the lips down.  She has Liv’s cute jawline and chin and Addi’s eyes and head shape.  She is quite the peaceful and alert baby so far, and the kids are IN LOVE!  I was almost in tears when I saw Addison reading to her last night and Liv giving her night night hugs.  They were so loving with her.  Liv is just proud.  Summer doesn’t really cry yet as she has so many people watching her all the time!  Liv lets me know her every move. I must say that bringing home a baby to a house with kids is a different experience.  Summer is never alone and is getting lovin’ from every angle.  Our home is cheerful and excited with such a happy baby. 

Her first night yielded a 3 and then a 4 hour stretch.  I love how much they sleep that first week!  :) Myles and I are feeling pretty good today.  We realize that this may not last but are grateful for 6 1/2 hours on night one.

I wanted to thank Patty and Ann for helping out with our kids.  I also am grateful for all of your calls, support, dinners, and love!  She’s one lucky girl to be born into a big, wonderful family full also of good friends.

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Love her!!! I have been waiting for these pictures! She is beautiful. Thanks for explaining how she looks like your kids-I couldn't quite figure it out myself, but she looks like she belongs to you! Congrats, we are so happy for you and soo happy that little Summer is here and safe. Love you all! She is so cute!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

What a beauty! We are so excited for you and your family. What a sweet blessing. Hope you can get some rest.

My Mom

We wish Mom were still here to watch Alivia be pulled in the sled during our winter excursions in the Cascades. We miss her when we're playing: Stick Out Your Tongue When Dad Says, "Cheese!" with the new camera. I ache that she can't watch Alivia and Adison grow up. But we know her love stays with us and that Addison knows Nonni Angel will keep the bad dreams away every night.